I started this blog with the hopes of using it as a journal...so far I've failed abysmally at that.
I've been in the Red for over a month now. The style of the climbing is severely over hanging. It doesn't play to my strengths at all and exposes my weaknesses none stop. Sadly I have yet to climb any routes that myself or most people would consider hard. It's frustrating. Scratch that, it's extremely frustrating. I've been on this climbing trip since February, the expectations I have for myself are way higher than where I currently perform. As with every aspect of climbing this is a mental battle more than physical one. I feel pressure from no one other than myself and it totally sucks because climbing isn't about pressure, it's about fun and adventure.
Well that's enough of my self berating for one day.
I've climbed with quite a few people the last few weeks, most notably Toby showed up from Ten Sleep and my friend Tim and Ayden(his dog). We got some good days in, I onsighed my first 12b in the Red and tried some other cool routes in a full down pour. While trying one of them 15 feet off the ground I heel hooked hard on a hold and broke it off...thankfully there was something soft for it to hit before it hit the ground, so the piece of rock was totally fine...Toby's face on the other hand:
Well that's all for now. I've been sick for days and my motivation is really low right now, blah.
 |
| Tim and Ayden |
 |
| Tim scoring a nice rest |
 |
| Wet, dirty, plus a few more broken holds, not my favorite route ever. |
 |
| Longest stick clip EVER made, roughly 35 feet...still count as a redpoint using it??? |
 |
| Mondo kills it with the kids |
He Scott,
ReplyDeletedon't get upset, its only climbing. I know some numbers have a certain temptation but thats all.
If you lower your expectations you are not only happier you also have a chance to reach a higher level.
Fazit: Motivation is driven by succes thus more succes.
A hard lesson to learn and the humble pie that goes with it tastes very bitter sweet!
ReplyDelete