Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Good bye Red River Gorge

It's the first week December now.  I left the Red shortly after Thanksgiving, all too quickly too.  I didn't have time to say good bye to all my friends, though I did mention I was leaving early in the morning to them the night before, in my usual socially awkward way that was how I said good bye.

In preparing to leave the Red I had to sell my motorcycle, bicycle and motorcycle in roughly one week.  It was rough, I sent a ton of stuff to Goodwill and mailed some things back to my parents.  My last day in the Red I got Mondo fixed and hauled ass down to Rocktown Georgia. It's a pretty sweet place, just south of Chattanooga Tennessee.


Mondo and I bouldered here for a week while she was recovering from her surgery.  As most people there learned, Mondo never really sleeps...she waits.


I also scored this sweet kids jacket for Mondo, I figured since we were in deep deep Redneck territory, she needed to look the part.


After bouldering for a few days I went into town to finalize some plans and buy a few trinkets for the subbi. I got some U brackets and attached the solar panel to the top, marine battery right behind the passenger seat and Velcroed some LED Christmas lights to the ceiling to provide some lighting.

 With my ride pimped out, a tarp up over the whole thing, Mondo and I were quite comfortable when it rained for a couple days.

Needless to say, Rocktown was good climbing.   Though I have to say, I've never been somewhere that had grades soooo all OVER the freaking map. Oh wells, silly climb grades.

Mondo and I packed up shop and busted 32 hours to Flagstaff Arizona to visit some friends and of course, climb!

No comments:

Post a Comment