If you haven't driven through Yellowstone, as I hadn't, and want to camp anywhere outside of it, you'll find yourself wanting. There is jack and squat for camping. You will be greeted with "No Camping" signs at every awesome looking dirt road and pull out. We had to drive roughly an hour from the park at about 4am to find a patch of dirt to call home for a 5 hour power nap. The next morning we were PSYCHED to roll out of bed 100 feet from the freeway and get back on the road.
| Sam, in a heightened state of pyche! |
The next day we indulged in some iron man watching. It was not all that fun as it was rainy and cold as hell. I was really hopeful just to watch the suffering of others and not have to partake myself=) Talyn, of course, killed it and finished up the race in short order.
![]() |
| Talyn in her usual form |
![]() |
| Where are my flowers? |
Overall Boise was awesome, rest the iron man, and thai food curtsey of Talyn's parents, thank bunches! I also have a small ambition now to run one of these myself, though not a high profile one like this that costs an arm and a leg just to compete in. Props to this beef cake, sick helmet brohaus;

I also felt like quite the wuss upon seeing this meat bus coming down the finish line...seriously, this chick would mop the floor with me!
The day after the race we rolled into Leavenworth, I guess Sam and Hobbs were tired...
![]() |
| Just set the bowl in front of me, I'll eat when I can lift my head... |
![]() |
| One would think Sam is indicating something important about his book here...upon closer inspection, he's asleep at the wheel |







Your blog is almost as funny as you look, Scott! Keep up the posts, and hope to see you in August.
ReplyDeleteWho be this?
ReplyDelete-scott